Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mixtape Heaven

So Mick Boogie is doin HUGE things! I mean have you seen his press kit? *sigh* What a great Resume! Anyways, you seriously need to get up on him and his ish. I have 3 mixtapes of his in my possession that he made for his store (Motivation) so while checking the Moto blog, I decided to check out some more of his site and more of his mixtapes and simply fell in love.

His joints with Peter Bjorn & John and Adele will definitely get spins on my iPod... if one could actually get spins on anything other than a cd or record player of course (LOL)

-ReLiving Thing-
PB&J have that new genre-bending sound that I love so much. So when Mick mixed 13 of their songs with verses by some of my favorite hip hop artists (Talib, Big Sean, Wale, Rhymefest), I couldn't resist!

-1988-
Adele's smooth-ass voice and the golden era of hip hop (for me: the 80s) are two of my favorite things in music! So when Mick decided to put them together giving Adele's hit tracks an '88 rap feel, magic is created.

Every time good music is made, a music-loving angel gets their wings haha! So I guess Mick Boogie could be considered one of the 'fly'est!? ... you be the judge ;p

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Bill Hawthorne a representative from the maacenter. I have a couple questions about your blog and was hoping you could answer them for me. Please contact me back at bhawthorne@maacenter.org at your convenience.

    ReplyDelete